Friday, October 13, 2006

Marathon Day

Today was Fall Marathon Day at the Man-Cub’s school, so I ran about 2 miles with him – it was more of a run/walk really and it was a lot of fun – after each lap they got a popsicle stick. The Man-cub and I each got three, but the weather was so cold that they shortened the last two laps – so I’m thinking it was only about 2 miles - not the three you would expect. He had a great time. This is the class running ahead of the old women.














And this is the Man-Cub getting his popsicle stick – notice the hand-knit cap.



















That’s an FO from last year – and he’s asked for a new one – so I’m using the last of the camo yarn to make the North Country Hat – pattern here – http://www.sweetstitch.com/projects/countryhatpattern.html
I’m working on Sacha too – just not as quickly.

Tomorrow – we’re taking the 1st -3rd graders to a retreat at Red Willow Bible Camp. It should be a lot of fun – hiking, pumpkin picking and apple pie baking are on the agenda – and they’re supposed to bring “a great attitude and a smile” – so that should be easy for the Man-Cub – he’s very excited about it. I’ll be driving so no knitting on the way up and back – but I should have about 5 hours of uninterrupted knitting in the scenic woods of Red Willow – I’m really excited about it too!

2 comments:

  1. What's FO?? You're too good at this....Robert still has my camera...he decided he liked it on the trip to NYC and hasn't given it back...oh well, I don't have anything good to take a photo of right now anyway!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    FO is Finished Object in KnitSpeak. Get your camera back - I enjoyed his photos too though. We just got back from Red Willow - I'll post later - it was great fun.

    Love ya,
    T

    ReplyDelete