Monday, October 09, 2006

One Finished Object and One New Project

I just finished the Man-Cub’s Camouflaged Sweatshirt.













It’s a free pattern from Lion Brand – you can get the pattern here – but you may have to register first - http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-hoodedSweater.html?noImages=0. He’s happy with the way it turned out and it fits him well right now – I’m wishing I had made it a size larger so he could wear it longer – Oh well. He said he wants a pocket on the front so I’m going to knit that now – just this shape

and sew it on top and bottom. The yarn I used was Red Heart Camouflage – his choice and I added a strand of Caron Simply Soft in Dark Sage – I didn’t make any changes to the pattern and it was an easy knit.




















Now – right after I finish the pocket – I guess I shouldn’t have posted this one as FO – I’ll be knitting the Sacha Slipper pattern from Berocco - http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/sacha/sacha.html. But I’ll be making mine in Renegade Red – I just like red slippers.


Tonight is my first Cub Scout meeting as CubMaster – I got a small karaoke machine to compensate for my soft-spokeness – so we’ll see how well I can control 30 scouts.

2 comments:

  1. So, how did that "control" thing work for you?? Our Pack meetings were always just a step below "chaos"....I'm going to have to get into this knitting thing....I have NO IDEA what you're talking about!!!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to teach you to knit. I can't believe we haven't done that already. The scouts were pretty good. We made neckerchief slides and Christmas cards to send to Iraq.

    ReplyDelete