Friday, October 27, 2006

Pictures – Piano Recitals – and Popcorn Parties

My super busy Thursday is over and I finally feel like I can breathe for today anyway. First – work - then Man had a dentist appointment yesterday (which of course didn’t involve me). Then some good news from Mom - Grandma is on the mend. Then we had a meeting with our FA – moving some IRA stuff around – interesting and informative – but not much fun. Then on to the Man-Cub’s Piano Recital at school – then a late lunch – then a little more actual work – then out past the lake to take a picture of one of our shutins (for the church directory) – I’m really pleased with how these are turning out – and we’ll order an 8X10 and some wallets for each of them – so they’ll feel just like everybody else who had their picture taken by Olan Mills. I painted a background mat on posterboard

and I just tape it up on the wall behind them and snap a few digi-photos – let them review them and choose their favorite pose – it makes them feel so special to be included and the ladies have gotten their hair done especially to have their photo taken and the gentlemen don a jacket and tie – it’s really sweet and so sad that they are mostly forgotten.

Anyway, then I rushed home – heated up some leftovers for the Man-Cub – so he wouldn’t have to go to the popcorn party on an empty stomach and fill up on junk – then rushed to Tae Kwon Do – then immediately to the Popcorn Party to get everything set up by 7:00 – did I mention that I love being CubMaster…



The party was over about 9:15 – and by then it was bedtime for the Man-Cub. I only completely missed out on the lefse making session at the church – I had hoped to get there in time to at least help with cleanup – but by the time I tucked the Man-Cub in and walked over to the church the last ones were turning out the lights and leaving – sort of a relief really. Don’t despair ‘though – there’s another 3 hour session of lefse on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. ok, so ya gotta tell me what lefse is!! Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Lefse is a very thin (paper thin) sort of potato pancake - sort of like a tortilla only thinner and made of potato and flour - very fragile. It's a traditional Norwegian flatbread - they usually eat it here with cinnamon and sugar and butter -

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey - and another thing, I didn't know you were lactose intolerant! when did this happen? how bad is it? how do you get the right nutrients? (i guess there has always been that type of vegetarianism...is that a word?) see ya, k

    ReplyDelete