Thursday, December 21, 2006

Cub Scout Bake Sale


I almost forgot about the Cub Scout Christmas Bake Sale - we are trying to raise enough money to buy a new track for the Derby in January and we don't have long. I made a recipe for zucchini bread that is supposed to make 3 loaves - but I only have 2 loaf pans - so I made the rest of the batter into cupcakes.

Then I made some slice and bake refrigerator Sugar cookies:

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg equivalent – I used flaxseed goo
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract

Just mix that all up – you’ll need a heavy duty mixer – as it’s a very stiff dough. Roll into 3 logs about 1 foot long and refrigerate overnight. Then slice and dip into sprinkles or sugar and bake at 350 for about 7 minutes.

Both recipes were easily veganized.

0 comments:

Post a Comment