Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pool Party Cake

The Man-Cub's birthday cake choice for this year is a pool cake. So we formed some characters - matching his friends - out of cookie dough. I used the vegan shortbread recipe here http://www.vegancooking.com/recipes/shortbread.htm but I didn't use any butter flavor - and I added some cinnamon.

Then the Man-Cub advised on how to decorate - the legs with the flames on the suit are his...

This is the finished cake - the Man-Cub really likes it - now we're off to the Fireside Inn for the party. I'll post about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Neat idea for the cake! No wonder each party tops the previous one. You both work so hard at it. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun - the Man-Cub designed the cake - I just did the work...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete