Saturday, August 11, 2007

Camp 'dump'

Down South - we called this 'frogmore stew' - but up here they call it a 'dump' (because they dump it out onto a newpaper covered table) - still - I think I prefer the southern name.

Boiled over a campfire...

It contains - Zatarains Crab Boil - fresh corn - red potatoes - onions - sugar snap peas - carrots - and Boca Breakfast Sausage - vegan Italian Sausage would have been better - but I was camping and only had breakfast sausage...

...here it is after the 'dump'...

YUM! - I should make this at home...

3 comments:

  1. I remember the Man using that spice for shrimp here. Your meal looks very good and fun for camping. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course 'real' frogmore stew has shrimp in it (and spicy sausage)...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete