Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More With Less


One of our parishoners (a very thoughtful one) gave me an old Mennonite cookbook called the More-With-Less Cookbook by Doris Janzen Longacre. It's still available:
http://www.amazon.com/More-Less-Cookbook-Janzen-Longacre/dp/083619103X
I've been reading through it - it's by no means vegan or even vegetarian - although a lot of recipes are vegetarian or easily veganized. The main premise of the book is to reduce your own grocery spending by just 10% so that you can use that 10% to reduce hunger in the world. It's an admirable goal and fits in with my desire to buy locally and just consume less...

1 comment:

  1. Hi there:)

    Just wanted to let you know I also have that "more with less" cookbook and I find it brilliant too:) I'm no Mennonite either and I do have to adapt the recipes to suit my vegetarian diet but I find the recipes great because they are really flexible and the book as a whole is very inspiring:)

    All the best,
    Christina (newbie at the vegan-cook-a-long)

    ReplyDelete