Sunday, September 09, 2007

Chocolate Chunks

If you don't need the cute little kiss shape of the chocolate chips http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2007/03/youre-not-going-to-believe-this-i-made.html- a much quicker and less messy version is to make them into 'chunks'.

Just mix your square of vegan baker's chocolate with 3 T of a light tasting oil and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and pour out onto plastic wrap - I have just lightly oiled a large plate and used that successfully too...

Then after it cools I use the pizza cutter to slice it into relatively same size chunks...

3 comments:

  1. hey, those chunks are more my style! the drops took too much patience! loved the ruebens - granny had given me some chopped home-made saurkraut a couple of visits ago. yum - since i can't do the beef anyway - strangely didn't miss it! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chunks do look like they would work same as chips. Some bakery cookies use them, too. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - I'm so lazy that I rarely make the regular kiss shaped chips anymore - this is a lot faster and less messy...

    ReplyDelete