Monday, November 12, 2007

Stuffed Peppers

I thought I'd try out a new recipe before I served it for Thanksgiving Dinner. It's a stuffed pepper recipe from The Domestic Affair http://www.domesticaffair.ca/

These were really good - I baked them in little custard dishes because I thought it would be cute...

I put a couple of tablespoons of water in the bottom of each dish and wrapped it in aluminum foil...

Served here with turnip greens (the manager ordered them and some collards - and even some okra - especially for me - frozen, of course - but still YAY!) baked sweet potatoes, cornbread and homemade applesauce - the menu for Thanksgiving will be more traditional...

A closeup - I should have moved the potato - so you could see the pepper better...

Oh - the custard cup thing didn't really work out for serving - as we wanted to cut the pepper up with the stuffing - it was still cute 'though...

2 comments:

  1. hey - the peppers looked yummy.

    loved the comment about collards and okra....nice of your grocery to do that!

    i'm interested in the shirt painting. are you doing that with regular paint or is it a particular fabric paint? i need to make a few shirts a couple of months from now. looks easy enough to end up with a "reasonable" product at fairly low cost.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,
    Very low cost - just go to Stuff-Mart and get the GLOSS indoor/outdoor paint in the craft section and a set of the little trouncers and you'll be set. This is a pretty good tutorial http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2006/03/little_elf_shir.html - we did iron freezer paper onto the back to keep it from bleeding through - but you could just stick newspaper in there - that's what we did last year. The one's that I cut the stencils for are very nice - as I said the kids ones vary. I also did some tae kwon do ones last year as gifts for some of the Man-Cub's TKD buddies - I'll have to get them out and post a pic of them too.

    Make sure you post when you do yours...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete