Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Tabouleh

Tabouleh is usually a summertime dish for me - but I wanted something light and refreshing after all the rich food we'd been eating. This recipe was scribbled in French on a 'life's a beach' notecard for me by Helene - a graduate student assistant to one of my professors when I was taking graduate courses at Chapel Hill - but I don't need the card anymore - I know the recipe by heart.

1 cup of french couscous
2 cups of hot water
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
20 shakes each of salt pepper cumin and parsley
1 onion diced small
1 tomato diced
1 can of black olives drained

Way back then (about 1985 or 86) this was served with plain yogurt and raspberries. I've tried lots of tabouleh recipes but this simple one is still my favorite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment