Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


We had a nice (hectic) Valentines Day. The Man-Cub's final play practice was this afternoon and then a quick supper (nothing romantic at all) and then Tae Kwon Do. Of course, I took cupcakes for the Man-Cub's class party -

I think I've posted about these before - I have several different versions of this same cake - an applesauce/spice one, a pumpkin spice one, (these two have no oil) a yellow (party cake), and our favorite chocolate - I use the Equal Exchange cocoa and you really should get some - it's far superior to any cocoa I've ever used.

Chocolate Vinegar Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 cup cold water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all of the above ingredients then add:
2 teaspoons vinegar - stir in quickly

Makes 1 9X9 or 8X8 pan or 12 cupcakes - Bake at 350 until cake test done.

Of course flowers cards and candy were part of the day as well.

I got a lovely bouquet of red roses and the card read "Be My Valentine for another 29 years" - Aw ain't that sweet - I can't believe it's been 29 years 'though...

I found this antique card in a local antique shop and thought it was so pretty and sweet...

The Man and the Man-Cub had given me this cake topper several years ago - when they were trying to find all the pieces to my Chubby Kromex Canister set.

...and now they've found a cake plate to go under it - I think it's a perfect match...

0 comments:

Post a Comment