Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Bella

This looks like my new scarf doesn't it?

This long strip of leaf bordered by faggot stitch is the bottom band of the Bella Blouse (http://www.interweaveknits.com/freepatterns/tops.asp)
designed by Nora Gaughan - destined to become my Easter sweater this year (only in white of course) - I just love the drape-y-ness of it and I'm going for a billowy-skirt-body-skimming-sweater look again this year...

This part of the pattern was quite easily memorized - making it much more portable. I carried it to the retreat with me and finished it a couple of days ago. I have to substitute yarns (of course) so this is three strands of crochet cotton held together again - I did that for last years Easter Sweater as well. I haven't found the perfect yarn for the body - I've got some soft white acrylic in my stash - but I wanted something with a bit more 'fuzz' to it - we'll see - since my yarn store is 'Stuff-Mart' and I don't have time to order anything now...

3 comments:

  1. that's very pretty - looks touchable! see ya soon! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I hope I get it finished in time for Easter and that it looks nice. I'm playing again for Easter - so I'm extra nervous...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be nervous, and the sweater is coming along fine. E

    ReplyDelete