Monday, March 03, 2008

TV Dinners

We had TV dinners Sunday night - I have fond memories of the rare appearances of TV dinners in our house when I was little - you know the aluminum tray with some kind of meat??? mixed vegetables and a little square of mashed potatoes (those were my favorite - go figure) - we always ate these in front of the Philco Black and White television on fold up metal TV trays... Ahhh those were the days - eh...


We had a nice big salad, Jennifer Schmoo's Potato Beetles - these are so yummy - I think my favorite part of this TV dinner was the potato too...http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_archive.html, some steamed asparagus, some marinated tofu, and a Pillsbury Low Fat Crescent Roll - yep - they're vegan (I know that's amazing...)

4 comments:

  1. hey that's cute - but i don't think we even new what tofu or asparagus was "back in the day"!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes - knew....i'm not totally illiterate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew what you meant...

    love,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy and Healthy! I love the vegan lunch box. I'll have to try out the potato beetles sometime.

    ReplyDelete