Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from Vacationland...

We're just back from a wonderful vacation at the lake - I'll post about it soon. We stayed right on the 'beach' and the hotel provided kayaks, canoes, bicycles, and paddle boats. We had a great and restful time - we stayed up late - slept late - had our meals at the hotel restaurant and just played. I knitted, of course, but I can't show it to you yet - it's the test pattern for the Knitters for Knockers - you can read more about it here http://campanulaforthecure.blogspot.com/ and here http://sockit-tome.blogspot.com/. It's a great (and very pretty) pattern and I hope everyone will donate and knit a pair.

While we were gone, I had scheduled a few blog updates and it seems so strange to look at them now - it's like someone else was updating the blog - I guess they don't seem contiguous to me.

And I've been tagged by Rachel at http://www.cornflowerbluestudio.blogspot.com/!

1. Five kind things I do for myself:
Knit - of course
Play the piano
Read
Church
Garden

2. Five kind things I do for friends:
This Blog was actually started as a way to keep in touch with my friends and family
I give them my books after I finish reading them and tell them to pass them on or donate them to the library.
I keep their children when they need to run errands, etc.
I'm Cub Master and a Den Leader and you get to be pretty good friends with the boys and their parents.
I send my friends little home made gifts too.

3. Five kind things I've done for a stranger:
I visit people in Nursing Homes who have no visitors - it doesn't matter if they don't know you - they're thrilled to have a visitor.
I returned a wallet that was left in a shopping cart at Stuff-Mart.
I gave money to a man at an intersection who had a sign that said - please give - anything helps.
I helped a homeless man pick up his money when he dropped his cup of change in a busy intersection.
I picked up a lost little girl at a mall and took her to the information desk so they could find her parents - that was pretty scary and so rewarding to see the panic stricken Mom's face when she found her little girl.

4. Five hobbies I enjoy - Oh no - only 5
Reading
Knitting
Embroidery
Scrapbooking
Cooking

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating! Your acts of kindness for strangers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, glad you had a good time, sounds like the perfect vacation! love, k

    ReplyDelete