Thursday, April 16, 2009

Velvet

Most of you probably know what a huge Red Velvet Cake fan I am...

So when Hannah at Bittersweet posted a Natural Red Velvet Cupcake recipe...

...of course I had to try it...

I happened to have all of the ingredients

the Man and Scout were skeptical...

They turned out a lovely red...

we frosted them with Vegan Cream Cheese frosting...
...they were good - they definitely have a lemony/earthy flavor to them - so I think next time I make them I might just skip the chocolate altogether...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - i read her recipe - neat - but wonder why she said definitely no dutch processed choc - i have a great big bag of dutch processed i use in brownies and it's great.....

    btw, what are your vac plans this summer???

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm... those look so good! I have always wondered what makes red velvet cakes red! Now I know :o)
    xo,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete