Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Locks of Love

I just made my 10th donation to Locks of Love/ - that's over 9 feet of hair (a few times I've donated 2 feet instead of just one...)

Here's a goofy 'before' shot...

...and an even goofier 'after' shot - Thanks Scout!

It takes me exactly 2 years to grow 12 inches of hair - I think that's fairly typical - 1/2 inch of growth per month. It must be a little bit more because I always get the ends trimmed before they lob off the pony - and we still have the required 12 inches.

So now Scout and I both have Summer Dos - maybe my family will recognize me in August...

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's such a cool thing to do and you look so cute with short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work, that definitely takes will power to not cut it! i did that while I lived in japan for a year. it was easier to not get it cut, cause I didn't trust the japanese stylists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I likes!! Very cute and must be nice and cool for summer...I'm tempted to go that route myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Teresa, you never cease to amaze me. What a wonderful thing to do, and your new cut is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! My Mom does this too and I think it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive donation and I like the new do!
    I always get my hair cut, plant garden, etc. by the signs and hair grows faster or slower depending upon signs. A lot of people think it's crazy but works for me.
    smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey!!! i love it!!! you're so sweet....of course we'll recognize you. how could we not?? love, k

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello there! you look lovely, and what a great thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Karen. We will always recognize you. Very nice of you to donate a part of you. E

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get over the extreem difference in styles. It looks good. I must feel weird not having yuor hair long any more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute hair cut, and what a great way to help out! :)

    ReplyDelete