Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Planting Time

This is the view from our back deck - most of the farmers have got their crops 'in' and this is really late for that - my goal was June 1st and I'm a little late too.
This is our garden tilled and ready to plant - we've transplanted our tomatoes, peppers and potatoes so far and we planted some sunflower seeds and zinnias - and then we've had two nights of frost since then - I'm not worried about the potatoes or the seeds still under the ground but the tomatoes and peppers don't like it quite so cold...

I'm going to try spraying the grass around the fence with vinegar - as I was searching for organic weed killers I read an article about using vinegar as a weed killer so I'll post about that soon too...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good and healthy life. You are blessed.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, love that dark, black dirt!! good luck and hope the frost didn't hurt anything! love, k

    ReplyDelete