Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Lutheran World Relief - Quilt #1

Well, I finally finished my first LWR quilt for this year's shipment (coming up in May)...

Mom sent the solid green and I managed to match it up perfectly with a vintage green/yellow print - I really like it a lot...

The backing is pieced - mostly Mom's old bright green - but I had to add a little of a darker shade from my LFS - aka Walmart...

I really love how this one turned out and I have it's twin cut out and ready to go too...

More about Lutheran World Relief Quilts here!

5 comments:

  1. that is lovely! you're so nice!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful shade of green makes me think of Spring. You are doing very well to have number two already started.

    Great job :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love green, and this is so awesome! lucky lutherans...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it has such a warm and cozy look - very snuggly I think. Do they send the quilts somewhere specific, or as needed to different places (wasn't sure how to say that!)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I need to get going on mine! I took home a stash of fabric from church... but haven't found the time work with it yet.

    ReplyDelete