Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Brick Tea

Have you ever seen 'Brick Tea'? I had not until this past weekend - where it was one of the items available for sale at the Trading Post...

...I absolutely loved the pretty designs pressed into both sides of the little brick...

...I thought it was very interesting that it was used as currency, I can easily see that it would be the best way to transport tea and I'll definitely try making some tea from shavings of the brick, but I probably won't be drinking much tea this way, as the article says that brick tea accumulates flourine and may lead to poisoning - YIKES! - and the butter (Earth Balance) tea sounds like it might be good to try too...

5 comments:

  1. interesting! the butter tea was mentioned in our book club book - "Three Cups of Tea". he didn't much care for the butter tea - but got used to it as time went by.

    see ya soon! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sure looks cool...lead poisoning is maybe not so cool. Have you seen those tea flowers that bloom when hot water is put on them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, I've never heard of brick tea before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have guessed that was tea, not in a million years, if you asked me what I thought it was. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice topic about the brick tea ...i actually looking for this brick tea...got a pretty knowledge about the brick tea ..
    Thanks for this lovely blog....

    ReplyDelete