Saturday, December 04, 2010

...you know how we're an experimental family...

...we were popping popcorn last night as we always do for family movie night (the movie was The Last Airbender - and the man finally told me and Scout to stop making references to the cartoon version [which we loved]) - that being said we enjoyed the movie and are looking forward to the next 'books'...

...but that wasn't really the point of this post - Scout wanted to watch a kernal of popcorn pop...

...so we got out a candle and a spoon...

...and y'know what...it didn't pop - it just swelled up a bit...and smoked...I wonder what went wrong...

...so do you 'experiment' when you want to see how something works?...

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I wonder why they didn't pop, too. I bet they need more centrifugal force to get popping! ;) Really, I've no idea, but it's fun to guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you'd have put a couple of drops of oil on the spoon too if it would have helped. Other than that I'm not sure. Keep experimenting! :)

    ReplyDelete