Wednesday, January 05, 2011

...Another set of Doggie Booties...

...I made another set of doggie booties - or snowshoes - not quite sure what to call them...

...this time I didn't knit the feet - when we walk on the road they wear out so I made some black vinyl booties out of some vinyl leftover from the Scout's Cowboy Costume but other than that I used the pattern for Jack's Booties - just omitting the tips of the legs - I knit only about 20 rows for the front legs and about 25 rows for the back legs...Oh - and I left a slit in the middle of the back for his leash to poke through - I didn't do that on the original booties and I wished that I had - I just knit one side for about 5 rows and then attached the yarn and knit the other side and then joined them back together - easy peasie...

...I know Jack doesn't look too happy but it's just 'cause he doesn't like having his picture made - he really does appreciate the booties and knows that his time outside would be really limited without them...

11 comments:

  1. A manly colour - I think the boots are a good idea. In the temperatures you have at the moment his little feet would freeze very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's too cute!

    Amy
    Nb Lucky Duck

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a good doggie mom. He's a lucky little guy. Stay warm. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:54 PM

    my kiddos got a kick out of your doggy's sweater and boots. :)

    and your snow! we have lots of deep stuff, too!

    love, e
    bitsofsunshine.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack will appreciate his new doggie booties when he gets outside.

    These are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm still laughing at this....jack looks forlorn! like "do you really have to do this to me??"

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a great idea. Even if Jack isn't cold, the salt they put on roads wouldn't be good for his feet. I'm just wondering about using vinyl for the booties though. Wouldn't they be slippery for him to walk in. Did you perhaps put something on the bottom of them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute dog! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT! He looks like he might be able to surf or scuba dive in it too...hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stumbled onto your blog and have to tell you this is both very funny and very practical. I would love soemthing like this for my little doggie.

    ReplyDelete