Friday, February 04, 2011

I needed a belt...


...I got a pair of brown jeans for Christmas...and as I'm sort of an hourglass shaped gal...they fit pretty well around my keester...but they don't want to stay up...because there's this gap at the waist...and unlike the youth of today...I don't like my trousers falling down...nor do I like to be constantly hiking them back up...

...so...I needed a belt...

...so of course I grabbed one of my leftover curtain rings...and started crocheting with some black and brown yarn from my stash...

...just a few minutes worth of double crochet later...and I have a belt...and my trousers stay put...

9 comments:

  1. So creative! I love that you used a curtain ring to fasten the belt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great belt - know what you mean about the waist thing. I have to have a belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:53 PM

    "I needed a belt . . . " so I made one. :)

    and what a great one! i love how you just make or invent or fix what you need . . . i love using and stretching what we have, too. ;)

    bitsofsunshine.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea!!! Looks really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever - I like the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice - i've not worn a belt in forever, since i tend to be slouchy and not tuck things in!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love crocheted belts. Who am I kidding - I love crocheted anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What?! You don't like showing your goods to the world?! ;)
    The belt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete