Friday, July 27, 2012

...Ravellenics...


...I was kinda sad about the controversy and renaming of the Ravelympics...but I've entered EventBeads...and EventShawl...in the 'Ravellenics'...it's the same project though...

...I'll be knitting with thread...that's a ball of Aunt Lydia crochet thread...and several threads...lime green...forest green...and two royals...and a navy...

...and I'll be making another version of my Super Simple Triangular Shawlette...with a beaded border this time...more shimmer...

...I'm not going to actually spin the threads together...but just hold them all together as I knit...I've done this before with multiple strands of crochet thread...but this is the first time that I've done it with sewing thread...

...the reason is that I could not find exactly the yarn that I wanted...it had to have varying shades of blue and green...and it had to 'shimmer'...because...

...it has to match this dress...

...I got it early for my birthday...because I had to try it on of course...so it wasn't a surprise...it's for my nephew's upcoming wedding...and it will have a pretty beaded shawl to wear over the shoulders...

...I realize that doesn't look very impressive...but it's really nice in person...it's a nice soft suede...with pretty little embroidery details around the bodice...

...Let the games begin...

...so will you be knittin' and watchin'?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. hey! that's beautiful! i can see the "shimmer" a little in the second photo. can't wait to see it in person and on you! love and happy happy! k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas I will not participate. I am a novice knitter! Can't wait to see your completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am really going to look forward to seeing your shawl. I wimped out on Ravellenics this go around- but I'll be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete