Tuesday, August 07, 2012

...Bead Snake...


...I bet you never knew that dishes played such an important role in knitting...

...I needed to make my 'bead snake'...that's the string of beads that I'll crochet the border of my shawl with...they have to already be on the thread...and you just push a single bead into place and then make your stitch...it works the same way for knitting...

...I just dumped all of the beads on a plate and started stringing them onto the yarn - actually a collection of threads...about 500 beads I think...I didn't know how many I'd need...they're just for the final row of the border...I'm doing a fishnet border...I don't know what it's really called...but you chain 5 then do a single crochet...chain 5 sc...all the way around...except I won't do it at the top...
...I haven't worked with beads...well...since I made Scout's Baptism gown...about 14 years ago...

...so...I'm almost done...just the border...have you ever knit or crocheted with beads...

~Have a lovely Monday!...

3 comments:

  1. I haven't...but I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pony bead week! We're melting ours into suncatchers at Kelly's birthday party. I have bowls and bowls of them. Yours is gorgeous. I love that green, and the two tones really makes it sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, that's how one does it! I can't wait to see the finished article - well shawl!

    ReplyDelete