Monday, September 10, 2012

...a day at the auction...


...the youth group spent a very soggy Saturday running a concession stand at a local auction sale...

...at least it cooled off some...

...after a little while the auctioneers cleared out a corner inside and business improved greatly...noone wanted to come outside to our tent in the pouring rain...

...the former owner of all these 'treasures' had passed away...and I'm sorry that the weather was so bad because I don't think they had nearly the turnout they were expecting for the auction...

...the carousel pictured above is inside this truck...they made it 'run' too...very neat...but not exactly sure what you would ever do with such a thing...

...a very old car...very nice...

...there was an entire Barber Shop set up in the corner...

...and I do mean an entire Barber Shop...

...there were lots of these really old metal toys...they were very interesting and detailed and I'm sure they're lots of fun to play with as well...

...some neat old original circus posters...

...this toy steamshovel reminds me of one of Scout's favorite childhood books...can you guess which one?...I bet you can...

...more metal toys...

...only one doll in the whole building...

...the Spooks in the Privy poem...

...a super neat old bicycle...

...Lincoln Logs and TinkerToys...I remember those...

...As the weather dried up Scout helped to wring out all the soaking wet beach towels...

~Have a lovely Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Betty MacDonald refers to boats looking like Tinker Toys in 'Onions in the Stew'. One of my favourite All time books.

    I went to Vashon Island, it was very foggy and I saw very little. But I was there.

    ReplyDelete