Monday, October 01, 2012

...Vegan Weekend Waffles...

...the little booklet that came with my Waffle Maker had this recipe for "Good Night Waffles"...
...I left the recipe large enough for you to be able to read and print it if you want...just click on the photo...

...they are really easy to veganize...just substitute EnerG egg replacer and almond milk and Earth Balance...easie peasie...
...mix the yeast warm, water and sugar and let sit until foamy...
...I used bread machine yeast because that was what I had...
...I subbed almond milk and Earth Balance for the milk and butter...
...warmed the milk to about 105 degrees and added it to the yeast mixture...
...melted and cooled the Earth Balance and added that...
...then the flour...I actually used self rising flour...so I didn't add salt and baking powder...
...some vanilla...my favorite Double Strength...
...then just cover it and leave it on the counter overnight...
...the next morning...
...add some of my favorite egg replacer mixture - I mix about 1/4 cup of flax seed goo for each egg I'm replacing with about a teaspoon of EnerG Egg Replacer...and a pinch of baking soda...
...give the hot waffle maker a spritz of canola oil...
...measure the mixture with the handy-dandy measuring cup that came with the maker...it has a line for exactly how much mix you need for a perfect waffle...
...pour that into the center of the waffle maker...
...even so...it always runs over a little bit...
...turn over and bake until the waffle maker beeps...there are several different settings...so it's sort of like making toast...just adjust it until it's the right crispiness (and colour)...mine always come away clean from the bottom...but they peel right off the top too...
...look at that...a perfect airy crisp waffle...
...and the recipe makes a whole stack of them...I think the recipe said six...but we got 8 thick fluffy waffles...what a perfect way to start the weekend... ...wishing you a lovely start to a lovely week!...

7 comments:

  1. Those waffles look great! I have never tried a waffle with yeast in it. I'd love to try this recipe with GF flour and see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuuummmy yummy yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look just delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I am amazed. Those look so delicious. We will be trying this one! Where is your cookbook??!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even have a waffle-maker but your photos make me want to go buy one -- maybe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Senator
    Thanks so much!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:07 PM

    Looks yum!

    ReplyDelete