Friday, December 28, 2012

...Commissioned Knitting...

...I know I've waxed all sentimental about how wonderful the internet is and how many 'friends' I've made here...

...here's just another example...

...well...about the middle of November...a nice woman was searching the internet for "Tall Boy Scout Socks"...you see they don't make knee socks for Boy Scout uniforms anymore...

...and she very sweetly asked if she could commission me to make a pair for her son...

...obviously I agreed...and we had several emails back and forth deciding on yarn and elasticity and time...and as I've had very little experience with commissioned knitting I wanted everything to go smoothly and of course, I wanted them to be thrilled with the socks...

...and I wanted them to be ready in time for Christmas...

...that's a lot of wants...isn't it...

...so I started knitting right away...and spent every spare moment knitting...I kept the socks with me everywhere...and if I had even enough time to knit 10 stitches - that's what I did...

...still...it was the Friday before Christmas when they went in the mail...and I was so relieved and happy...
...and so very hopeful that they would arrive safely and on time...and that they would be just what they wanted...
...so you can imagine how thrilled I was to receive an email...with a picture!

...the socks arrived in time for Christmas and they fit perfectly...it made my day!

...I'm going to write up a pattern...maybe I'll get it done tonight and post it tomorrow...that would be good...

...wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job. The socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look really splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knit! My little guy is a Tiger Scout now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I knit! My little guy is a Tiger Scout now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, well done! That is a lot of pressure and a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete