Wednesday, December 26, 2012

...Very Merry...Part II..

...we had such a nice quiet Christmas...our first in our new home...and our first in West Virginia...it's hard to believe that this time last year we had almost packed up the entire house in North Dakota...
...but we started the morning off with a leisurely breakfast...(I don't know why that picture looks so wonky)...
...I've posted about my Vegan Biscuits and Sausage Gravy before...it's one of my very favorite breakfasts...
...we added some applesauce too...
...then we lit the fire...
...and got down to the business of opening presents...Scout opened his stocking first...actually Jack opened his first and had his little Christmas treat...I videotaped this...but apparently didn't take a picture...it's always funny...he's so earnest about getting his little pressies out of his stocking...
...then the Man opened his stocking...
...and then moi...
...presents were passed...and opened...I loved my fuzzy new pullover...
...and my gorgeous sapphire necklace...
...Scout opened his gold wrapped Santa gifts...
...a new coat...new shoes...a couple of books...a Boy Scout tee shirt from camp...when we were there for summer camp...the derecho had just gone through and there was no power so the Canteen was closed and he couldn't buy a shirt...but the Scout store here sells them after the fact...
...and finally there was a TOY in a big gold box...a remote controlled indoor helicopter...it looks like it's going to be lots of fun...I'll let you know how it goes...Santa brought extra blades and fins (Amazon recommended them) in case the little heli crashes...

...I already posted about Christmas Dinner over at The Vegan Version...

...I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a lovely day today!...

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

    As a side note, I'm blogging again! Stop over and see me at lifeattheredhomestead.blogger.com

    Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect, quiet family time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Christmas. I can't wait to see the saphire necklace on.

    ReplyDelete