Thursday, February 28, 2013

...Bathroom Update...baseboards...

...right after the floor is sealed it's time for the baseboards...
...we got real wood baseboards already primed white...so that much was already done...set up my mitre box in the kitchen (lovely floor right?)...and made the cuts...measure twice...cut once...
...then I cut some 45° angles and then coped them for the corners...
...and finished the coped edge with a carving knife...
...after a final dry fit I painted the pieces with the same SW Snowbound that I used on the door trim...it's actually kinda handy to have the floor uncovered in the kitchen as it gives us a nice big open space in the heated inside of the house that we don't mind messing up a bit...
...when that was dry...I drilled some holes for the finish nails...just about nothing could be worse at this point than splitting the wood trying to nail it up...
...and there you have it another small piece of the picture...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We call those 'skirting' boards, I can only think it is because they 'skirt' round the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking really nice! love, k

    ReplyDelete