Wednesday, February 27, 2013

...W.I.P. Wednesday...F.O.

...Scout's snowboarding hat is complete...
...I used the invisible duplicate stitch seam again to stitch it up...
...starting with the working yarn to the left stitch up through the last loop on the right then bring the yarn across the empty space and stitch down through the last loop on the left...then bring the yarn under the base stitch and back up through the hole...creating a duplicate knit stitch...then just start over from there...come up through the next stitch up on the right...etc...

...I'm going to make a video soon of the duplicate stitch seam...it's really neat...
...so then you'll have a grey duplicate stitch seam going up the center back...
...and we need to add the blue garter stitch to the seam...so turn the hat upside down...
...and just do an upside down duplicate stitch on the rows that have the blue stripe...
...do a single crochet border around the entire bottom of the hat...
...when you reach the bottom of each earflap add three double lengths of grey yarn and braid them for about 12 inches to form the ties...
...then stitch in a polar fleece lining by hand...polar fleece is pretty stretchy...I used a fleece hat from the dollar store as my liner...so it was super easy...

...I promise there will be a pattern soon (I took notes as I went along)...as soon as the bathroom is finished...HA!...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. It amazes me what you do with yarn. Great looking hat. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. how snuggley!! you're so smart! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please just come to my house and teach me. :) No rush... we don't have a big need for warm hats down south. I'd still love to learn to make them for our trips north each fall. I can't wait for your video. (thanks again for all your sweet comments on my blog).
    Blessings to you and your family,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. do we get to see it on scout's head? :)

    ReplyDelete