Saturday, March 23, 2013

...Vegan Cottage Cheese...

...I wanted some cottage cheese for my Mom's Lasagne recipe...you've seen it before...my Mom always used cottage cheese instead of ricotta...so...of course I think it's better that way...Mom's recipe here...
...first I used my little egg slicer thingy...which reminded me that I need to make some vegan deviled eggs soon...
...to make some really small little 'curds' of tofu...
...it's hard to see the scale of the little cubes...probably about 1/8 of an inch...
...then I mixed up a cashew cream sauce...and spooned that over the little 'curds'...
...very authentic...and very good...

...Y'all know how I copy recipes into my binder...and then when I try to share them with y'all I can't find the exact one on the internet anymore...but this time I did...

Vegan Cottage Cheese

1 lb tofu, medium drained
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup water (reduce salt amount if using pickle juice) or 1/4 cup pickle juice (reduce salt amount if using pickle juice)

Directions:

1 In a small bowl, rinse and crumble tofu...I made mine into little cubes...
2 Place remaining ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add just enough pickle juice or water to form a creamy sauce.
3 Pour blended sauce over crumbled tofu and mix well.
4 Chill and serve.

~Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love lasagne, have one in the freezer made with quorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - i missed a few days - been busy i reckon'!!

    love the kitchen color even if it's also UNC blue!! but,,,NC State red would be a pretty terrible kitchen color!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete