Wednesday, April 17, 2013

...How to make simple button cuff links...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...my sweet sister sent me a hand me down shirt that happens to have french cuffs...
...it's really cute and matches my khakis...and I love the french cuff with the striped side out...which is actually the inside of the cuff...but I like it turned under so it shows instead of turned up like it's supposed to be...I suppose the striped cuff would still 'peak' out either way...
...remember way back when I got these buttons at a Church Basement Sale in North Dakota...

...well they were still in my sewing box...still on their card...just waiting for the perfect little project...

...and here it is...
...I simply took a piece of yarn...and threaded it up and out of the two buttons so that the two threads ended up in the middle of this little button sandwich...
...and leaving enough room for the cuff in between the two buttons I tied the two threads securely...
...and then buttoned up my cuff with them...
...French cuffs are so cute!...n'est-ce pas?

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, friend! I have been reading on my Google Reader but not commenting... but I wanted to let you know, I started a new blog :) You were always one of my most faithful readers, and I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep - i like the stripey side out
    and i like your link choice. :) very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful shirt! Agreed on your choice. I am a French Cuff addict and keep a tiny tin of french knots in my jewelry box. They make feel fancy!

    ReplyDelete