Thursday, June 27, 2013

...rug update...or W.I.P. Thursday...

...as I said the pattern stitch is not very difficult...you just knit into a stitch...don't take it off the needle...then pull up a loop...then knit into the stitch again...
...then you've basically increased a stitch for each stitch...but you pass the first stitch over the second...locking the loop in between...
...so the finished stitches look like this when you knit across the next row...just plain knit...

...they're a little bit too loose-y goose-y for me...I don't want them slipping out once I cut all the loops...
...so on the knit row back across...I pull up each stitch and tighten it really well...
...and you can see it increases the length of the loop too...
...I'm a little bit over half way through...I'll knit until I run out of yarn - probably the olive colour will expire first...and I may still get one more skein if I think it's not long enough...

...I doubled the cast on so it would make a nice sized rug beside Scout's bed...but my stitches are really nice and tight (reason stated above...) so I don't think it's going to be twice the listed size of 22 x 30...but more like 3' x 4.5'...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments: