Friday, September 20, 2013

...Stair Rail Update...

...whew!...the newel post and rail and balusters are all stained and ready to be installed...I skipped a few nights with my painting regime so I'm a little behind schedule...but I'm quite pleased with how they turned out...

...we're going for a modern (read square) look...the overall style of the house is mid-century modern...so we thought we'd do the stair with no turnings or round posts...we were thinking about painting the balusters white (really off white)...but for now they are just stained oak like the rest...we'll see how we like it and decide later...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the newel post (is that spelled right?) shape. That looks like a huge project. I'm excited to see it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinated to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete