Friday, October 18, 2013

AÏGO BOUÏDO over at the Vegan Version

...There's a new post for Garlic Soup over at the Vegan Version...
...I'd never had Garlic Soup before...and the Larousse (I have the big thick Petit Larousse still from my college days - I always thought it was funny that such a big thick book was called 'Petit')...has this to say about AÏGO BOUÏDO(mots provençaux signifiant ail bouilli)...which simply means boiled garlic in the Provençal dialect...and this soup is "the traditional Provençal garlic soup that cures all ills"...so I guess it's like our 'chicken soup'...

...it was surprisingly mild and good...maybe I'll freeze the leftovers to have it on hand for our next bad cold...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I had garlic soup in Spain, didn't look nice and creamy like this but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete