Friday, November 29, 2013

...the Vegan Feast...

...This was our Thanksgiving table...Scout got to eat off Grandma's special plate...

...and this is how we got there...

...we started with a simple seitan...
...mixed and kneaded...
...ready to wrap...
...wrapped and tied...
...dropped into boiling water...
...simmered for an hour...
...swelled up...
...done...
...unwrapped...
...ready to bake...
...brushed with oil...
...baked, crisped, and golden...
...sliced...
...sweet potatoes from the Earth Balance recipe here...

...except I didn't use canned yams...I used red sweet potatoes that I baked and peeled first...
...then I followed the rest of the recipe...dotted with Earth Balance...
...sprinkled with sugar...
...oh...and another change...I used Dandies instead of Sweet and Sara marshmallows...
...baked until golden...and toasty...
...the Man's Mom's recipe for dressing...jotted down during a visit many many years ago...and brought out every year about this time...
...mixed...
...pressed into a greased pan...
...ready to bake...
...baked...
...and sliced...

...other components of the meal...Grandma's mased potatoes...Vegan Green Bean Casserole...

...I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great vegan feast. Very different to my Thanksgiving held last month but I'm sure your family enjoyed it all. I think I would love the bean casserole dish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very interesting - especially the sweet potato bake. I've not seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete