Thursday, November 07, 2013

...Whole Wheat Bread...

...I know y'all wanted to see what I made with the Whole Wheat Flour ground in the Coffee Mill...
...I got out my trusty old bread machine...and used my Soaked Whole Wheat Bread recipe...
...I mixed the flour half whole wheat pastry flour and half freshly ground whole wheat flour to equal the three cups...and I also put in a couple of tablespoons of Vital Wheat Gluten as I was using pastry flour...not sure it makes any difference as it's whole wheat too...but it couldn't hurt...

...I let the machine run through it's first kneading cycle and then turned it off for the night...
...and finished the baking the next morning...
...this is a dense and hearty bread with a lot of whole wheat flavor...I'm really pleased with the freshly ground wheat flour...

it's really good toasted with some daiya melted on top...I love it like that...

...Have you ever made whole wheat bread?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. That bread looks lovely. I always have whole wheat bread which we make in our bread maker. Near us is an open air museum with very old buildings including a mill which grinds locally grown wheat. It makes the best bread.

    http://www.wealddown.co.uk Is a link to their website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out lovely. I am a fan of whole meal breads.

    ReplyDelete