Thursday, February 13, 2014

...Thrifty Thursday...

...this time...not following my usual procedure...

...I went to the Goodwill store actually looking for something specific...

...a small hot-pot...
...which obviously I found...

...they had two exactly alike...this one for $2.50 and another one (sort of yellowed with age with a little bit of rust on the bottom) for $2...that's the only difference I could see for the different prices...but it could also have been just that they were priced by two different people who valued them differently...

...and the clerk let me put some water in it and plug it in to make sure it would work...I thought that was so nice...and it did work...it boils the water really quickly...

...it has a couple of drawbacks though...it has no auto-off...when you plug it in - it is on...and you have to unplug it to turn it off...

...but it's for the Man...who has given up coffee...strange I know as he was a staunch coffee drinker for many, many years...you know...the strong and black and a pot a day type of coffee drinker...

...and he has taken to drinking decaf tea...his favorite is Irish Breakfast...but I've also seen English Breakfast and Earl Grey in his stash at the Church...

...which is where this little hot-pot is headed...for making his tea...

...have you been thrifting lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Teresa, I am a huge fan of my electric kettle and it has an auto cut-off so I don't have to worry about it burning out. Age and memory, doncha know?
    A few weeks ago, I purchased a one cup Hall tea pot with creamer and sugar...aaadorable! I must blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this afternoon I popped into one of our more expensive charity shops - there it was, a basket of books for 49 pence each and I found a Lonely Planet Guide to France. Great for our hols in Avignon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new kettle.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when you go thrifting for something specific and sure enough, there it is!

    ReplyDelete