Tuesday, February 04, 2014

...veggie wild rice pilaf...

...my sweet brother gave us a huge tub of wild rice...
...so I threw some into a pot with some water...Not Chicken cubes...carrots...and celery...and cooked it all together for about 20 minutes...then I added a half cup of white rice and cooked for another 20 minutes until all of the water was absorbed...
...it made such a delicious Rice Pilaf dish...
...fluffiness...
...we had the pilaf with ham seitan and pineapple...with some of my sweet MIL's frozen sweet corn - such a sweet taste of summer in the middle of winter - I think we only have one freezer container left...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Wild rice eh, which as we know 'don't go good on Vashon'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does look delish! i've got that same tub....it's huge!! love, k

    ReplyDelete