Thursday, May 22, 2014

...more comfort food...

...a little more comfort food...this time of my own creation...

...I had been drinking a lot of smoothies...they're good for a sore throat you know...

...and I had a few slices of pineapple leftover in the fridge...
...so I plopped those in my Lodge biscuit pan...they fit in the little circles perfectly...and sprinkled on some brown sugar...
...then I mixed up a batch of my Vegan Vinegar Cake...except instead of just water I used the rest of the pineapple juice mixed with water to make one cup...and poured that into the little circles...
...baked until golden...let it cool a few minutes...but not completely or they'll stick...
...turn your cake plate upside down over the pan...
...flip...
...and unmold...
...I was wishing I had some cherries...because...they would have been really adorable with that cute little pop of red...
...served them on my pretty 'new' glass plates...
...perfectly sized...
...and delicious!

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. yum!! i love that vinegar cake recipe. so simple and neat that it works so well! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes me back to the late 60s when newly married. Our friends would have us to dinner and then we would invite them over. One of the puddings made was pineapple upside down cake served with canned cream - just so delicious and we were all so thin, how was that!

    ReplyDelete