Monday, September 22, 2014

...drawer liners...

...I used this stripey cloth to make some neat drawer liners...
...no pattern....I just removed and cleaned the drawers...and did a rough fit cut by draping the fabric over the drawer and cutting around it...
...then I folded under and ironed two sides...
...and stitched those two sides...
...then I slipped that corner into the corner of the drawer...
...to get the final measurement...
...and then turned under and stitched the other two sides...for a perfect fit...
...and then put everything neatly back into the drawer...

...I just love accomplishing little things like that...and I love having washable drawer liners...

...what did you accomplish over the weekend?...

~Have a lovely day!

...go here for the original Spice Drawer Overhaul...that was in North Dakota...so you can see our 'system' is still in place...

4 comments:

  1. that's a neat idea! where do you come up with this stuff???

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative idea! This is a great way to use fabric scraps too! This past weekend, we hung up some pictures and finally finalized the guest room. We moved the old guest room to be the room for the baby. It was a small feat, but one more thing off our to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, I remember that!

    ReplyDelete