Tuesday, September 23, 2014

...Homemade Vegan Bisquick Recipe...

...before I was married...my sweet MIL had all of her friends write up recipe cards for me (just plain old 4 x 6 index cards actually)...and she gathered them into a box and gave them to me...I've shared a few of them here before...

Hot Fudge Cake
Golden Layer Cake...this one even has a photo of the box...
Celery Soup Chicken Casserole
...and this is one of the recipes...
...I don't do it exactly like the recipe...I usually use my trusty little Emmie...food processor...
...so I don't sift the ingredients together...I just put them directly into the processor...
...slice up some cold Earth Balance...or measure out the coconut oil if your using that...
...and put it on top of the flour...
...put on the lid...
...and give it a whirl...
...I store mine in a jar in the fridge...

Homemade Vegan Bisquick Recipe

6 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 cup cold coconut oil or Earth Balance

Measure flour, baking powder and salt and sift together

Cut in coconut oil or Earth Balance with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles lumpy cornmeal...but I often use the food processor for this step...

This stores well in the refrigerator for quite a while and it's handy to have for making biscuits in a hurry...

~Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift your MIL gave you for your wedding. I like gifts that are useful and practical. I'm wondering how long "quite a while" is. Is it days, weeks, months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joyful
    Thanks Penny,

    I'm not sure how long...I know it's still good after a couple of weeks...I wouldn't keep it any longer than I'd keep the Earth Balance though...maybe a month...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    Affectioknit-ly,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the jar!!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. @affectioknit

    Ok, a couple weeks sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what to do with it next? I have my son with me after several years in Australia and before he goes to Paris for two years, and I would like to make an American meal and biscuits are essential.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!! This is awesome I will be whipping this up!

    ReplyDelete