Friday, September 19, 2014

...Puhun Tjemara...

...I've been to the International Foods store again...
...the Man calls this little game I play there "International Foods Roulette"...haha...another example here...

...anywhoo...I found this Puhun Tjemara in little packets for $1...and wondered about it...

...so of course I brought it home...
...just two vegan ingredients...
...and some instructions in English...
...so I dumped the packet into a measuring cup to get my measure...
...and proceeded with the recipe using the same cup to measure the other ingredients...the packet contained a little more than 1/2 cup of flour...
...stirred it all together and cooked until thickened...
...and it was really thick and slick and gloppy...(is that a word?)...not really quite the 'pudding-y' texture I envisioned...
...poured it into my new little dessert cups...and put it into the fridge to cool...
...well...it stiffened up into more of a cross between a pudding and a jello...but even stiffer than that...a really interesting texture...it was really sweet and had a nice vanilla flavor too...
...I think you could make some really cute shaped or moulded desserts with this...maybe put it in a shallow dish and cut it with cookie cutters...just thinkin'...but I honestly don't think we'll be trying it again...
...do you play International Foods Roulette at your house too?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. haha! yeah, i've been known to bring "odd" things home to try. and they usually are just a little to "odd" to buy again. fun food adventures though!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun experiment! My husband and I like to do the same thing. I have never seen Puhun Tjemara before though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks just a bit strange.

    ReplyDelete