Friday, September 12, 2014

...Single Serving Gingerbread...

...sometimes on a chilly early fall evening...you just want a nice comforting chunk of warm gingerbread before bed...

...and that's what I was thinking last night after walking Jack for the last time on the first chilly evening of autumn...and thinking that warm gingerbread and a cold glass of almond milk would be the perfect end to my day...
...so I gathered some gingerbread ingredients...and experimented...
...mixed it all up...
...nice and smooth...the batter was yummy...one of the great things about vegan baking is that you can always taste the batter...
...jut microwaved for a minute...and served with a glass of chilled almond milk...
...warm...moist...and delicious...
...and then I jotted down what I had done...so that I can reproduce it later...

Single Serving Gingerbread

4 Tablespoons Self Rising Flour
2 Tablespoons Sorghum Molasses
3 Tablespoons soymilk
1 Tablespoon corn oil
1/4 teaspoono vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ginger (dash)
1/16 teaspoon ground cloves (pinch)

In a mug or bowl, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Let stand a couple of minutes before serving.

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had gingerbread in so long! I love the quick microwave method! I find it so amusing that you call it a autumn evening, it is still in the 80's and 90's here. Still in shorts, a/c, swimming, etc. I am looking forward to cooler weather and autumn favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gingerbread before bed, whatever next!

    ReplyDelete