Wednesday, October 22, 2014

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...my neighbor's baby blanket so far...the shower is on November 15th...so I'm monogamously knitting the blanket...hoping to have it finished in time...
...and...for the first time in a very very long time...I managed to drop a stitch...weird I know...and it was right where the seed stitch border changed to stockinette...I don't know how it happened...

...but I do know how to fix it...
...I thought about just doing some sort of duplicate stitch and then weaving in the ends...but...I wanted the blanket to be perfect...so I picked out all the stitches above the dropped on...
...all the way back down to the seed stitch border...and one of those stitches was dropped as well...and that meant a backward single crochet to make the bump come off to the front...
...and then it's just a matter of chain stitching all the way back to the top...pulling each one of the 'ladder rungs' through the stitch below...
...and in the end...you can't even tell a stitch was ever dropped...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. wow, you are the expert!!! amazing to watch what you do! love, k

    ReplyDelete