Monday, December 29, 2014

...Christmas Knitting...

...I just love thoughtful gifts...don't you?...

...in our little family...I can almost always trace my pressies back to a certain time and conversation...where the menfolk were fishing for information...a Mama can just tell these things...you know...

...this yarn and these vintage needles were a product of just such a conversation I had with Scout...where I mentioned that I needed to make some new socks to wear with blue jeans...

..didn't he choose a perfect denim-y colour...and I absolutely love the plastic needles...perfection points...these old plastic needles have a lot of give and they're really light and comfy to knit with...

...so of course I cast on...on Christmas Day...another pair of my favorite simple anklets from a vintage pattern...with a princess sole...of course...

...are you already knitting with your Christmas presents?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Cool color! I'm wearing my sailboat socks on my sailboat!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thoughtful presents too. I really like what Scout picked out for you. I'm afraid I haven't done much knitting this past year but hope to do a bit in the new year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour, good choice.

    ReplyDelete