Saturday, March 14, 2015

...PI(e) Day 2015...

...just because everyone needs more excuses to have pie...

...of course we had pie...well not yet...but I'll be doing a whole post over at the Vegan Version tomorrow...
...this is the pie before it went in the oven...

...and I'll have an 'after' photo...well...'after' we have the pie tonight...so I'll come back and post that in a bit...

...and all of the details will be over at The Vegan Version...in a day or two...

...Pi Day this year is really special...the first ten digits will be represented by the date and time...on 3/14/15 at 9:26:53 AM...and there will be an infinitesimally brief moment just after 9:26:53.58979 am but slightly before 9:26:53.5898 that will be the Pi instant...I know...I know...pretty amazing stuff...numbers...

...go here and search for your birthday within PI...

...I know there's an app for everything...so here's one to help you memorize more digits of PI...The Pi Trainer...

...and in case you were wondering how far out PI has been calculated...go here...billions of digits...

...and here are a MILLION of those digits...

...and there are lots of PI videos out there...and I've shared the American Pi(e)one before...but I absolutely love this one with Pi transcribed to notes on the piano...it's beautiful...

~Wishing you a lovely PI(e) π Day!...

3 comments:

  1. you're too funny!!!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I wondered why my daughter had a huge thing about Pi on her Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew we would see a Pi post from you. Very interesting!! MOM

    ReplyDelete