Tuesday, August 04, 2015

...Beach Birthday 2015...

...so this was the view I woke up to on my birthday this year...
...and the view from my birthday walk on the beach...
...but let's rewind a couple of days to when I got this package in the mail from my sweet sissie...

...she wanted to make sure I had it before I went on vacation...when I got it out of the mailbox...my first thought was that it was yarn...because it was squishy...but it felt oddly heavy...
...because the contents were still soaking wet and double wrapped in ziplock baggies...she even put the card in a separate baggie so it would be safe...HA!
...so following her instructions...I undid the bands...
...you can tell it's pretty...but it's pretty dark here too...
...so I rinsed it in the sink...
...then I washed it in the machine...
...and hung it out to dry...you can see it's true colours now...
...and then I wore it on my birthday...

...you can see how she made the shirt here...she is a tie-dyer-extraordinaire...
...and finally my vegan birthday dinner at Vinny's on the beach...yummy...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your sister did a wonderful job on the t-shirt and it fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad it turned out nice!!! it's a lot of fun....and glad you had a great b-day!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday and it looks as though you had a lovely special day. LOVE the tee shirt! what a gorgeous gift and what a surprise!

    ReplyDelete