Saturday, August 22, 2015

...beans...✔...corn...✔...so what about squash...

...we are the recipients of so much wonderful fresh veggies that I can hardly believe it...
...our neighbor did a second planting of squash to have some for the late summer...he said because his granddaughter loves it so...
...so the first thing I did was get out my trusty old Emmie food processor...but for some reason...(probably the move)...I couldn't find the little insert that keeps the shreds from coming out the chute...
...so I made one out of one of those reusable storage containers...
...it's stiff enough...and bendable enough to fill the slot...and I still have faith that I'll find the 'real' one soon...
...and first...I shredded several zucchini...
...and measured it into 1 cup containers...for zucchini bread later this fall...for some reason...we don't make zucchini bread in the summer...maybe we should...
...then...I just did some angled zucchini cuts and added some onions...
...and cooked that together for a sort of zucchini stew/soup...the boys don't like it...but it will make a few nice lunches for me when the weather turns cool...
...so now squash gets a ✔ too...

~Have a lovely weekend...

3 comments:

  1. good save on the Emmie - i don't know what i'd do if/when mine fails! how old are they? 25 years?

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freezing grated zucchini - didn't think of that.

    ReplyDelete