Tuesday, August 25, 2015

...More Cucumbers = More Pickles...

...our neighbor who did the second planting of squash...also did a second planting of cucumbers...and we got a few bags of them...
...and another of our parishoners grows dill weed...and she gave us a bag full...
...so we soaked some more cucumbers...
...and made another batch of Aunt Frances' sweet pickles...
...but that hardly put a dent in all those cucumbers...
...so I got our Aunt Delores' Dill Pickle recipe...
...and some garlic...
...harvested some dry dill seed...
...and chopped a bunch of garlic...
...and mixed everything together in a big bowl...
...for now we're storing these in the fridge and eating them like refrigerator pickles...I may can them later...if they last that long...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Garlic dills are delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, i'm expecting some jars! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pickled cucumbers. I used to be the only one who did so had them all to myself. Now Ian has decided he likes them so I have to share!

    ReplyDelete